- This event has passed.
Fall 2018 Series on Surviving Cancer
September 11, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - November 13, 2018 @ 7:30 pm
SERIES ON SURVIVING CANCER
I finished treatment. Now what?
When cancer treatment ends, a new chapter of life begins. Our eight-week survivorship series is now 10 weeks! During the series, we will provide the information and support you need to manage the challenges that arise after cancer treatment.
The series kicks off on September 11th and meets for 10 Tuesdays, wrapping up on November 13th.
We will feature a variety of topics including:
- Understanding how relationships are impacted while on the cancer journey
- Learning how to eat and exercise to help stay healthy and reduce risk of recurrence
- Managing anxiety about cancer returning, sadness, depression and other emotions
- Exploring mindfulness, meditation, spirituality and other forms of self-care and healing
- Discussing cognitive and behavioral strategies to increase well-being and resiliency
- Learning about integrative care and alternative healing methods, such as naturopathy, acupuncture, massage and other complementary approaches and how they can improve your cancer journey
Series facilitators and presenters
Sarah Jane Petersen, LCSW, of Cascade Health Solutions and Katie Burke, of Oregon Cancer Foundation, will facilitate each session. Presenters will be experts on the topics and may include local physicians and other medical staff, as well as other professionals from the community.
Still in treatment? Contact us for more information.
What: A ten-week series for cancer survivors that explores issues arising after treatment ends
When: September 11-November 13
Location(s): Oregon Cancer Foundation, 2296 Oakmont Way, Eugene 97401
Day/Time: Tuesdays, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m*
The first and last class will be 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Register Online: https://ocffall2018survivorshipseries.eventbrite.com
Or Contact Amy Johnston