SERIES ON SURVIVING CANCER
I finished treatment. Now what?
When cancer treatment ends, a new chapter of life begins. Our eight-week survivorship series is now 10 weeks! During the series, we will provide the information and support you need to manage the challenges that arise after cancer treatment.
Over the course of 10 evening sessions we will feature a variety of topics including:
- Understanding how relationships are impacted while on the cancer journey
- Learning how to eat and exercise to help stay healthy and reduce risk of recurrence
- Managing anxiety about cancer returning, sadness, depression and other emotions
- Exploring mindfulness, meditation, spirituality and other forms of self-care and healing
- Discussing cognitive and behavioral strategies to increase well-being and resiliency
- Learning about integrative care and alternative healing methods, such as naturopathy, acupuncture, massage and other complementary approaches and how they can improve your cancer journey
Series facilitators and presenters
Susan Isaacs, LCSW, and Sarah Jane Petersen, LCSW, both of Cascade Health Solutions will facilitate each session. Presenters will be experts on the topics and will include Willamette Valley Cancer Institute physicians and staff, as well as other professionals from the community. Click here for a sample list of topics and presenters.
Still in treatment?
Sign up for an upcoming series or contact us for more information.
A ten-week series for cancer survivors that explores issues arising after treatment ends
Fall 2018 – Dates TBD
Winter 2019 – Dates TBD
Spring 2019 – Dates TBD
Contact Amy Johnston