SERIES ON SURVIVING CANCER
I finished treatment. Now what?
When cancer treatment ends, a new chapter of life begins. Our eight-week survivorship series is now 10 weeks! During the series, we will provide the information and support you need to manage the challenges that arise after cancer treatment.
March 2, 2017, the series will kick off with light dinner and guest speaker.
The following 8 Thursday evening sessions will feature a variety of topics including:
- Understanding how relationships are impacted while on the cancer journey
- Learning how to eat and exercise to help stay healthy and reduce risk of recurrence
- Managing anxiety about cancer returning, sadness, depression and other emotions
- Exploring mindfulness, meditation, spirituality and other forms of self-care and healing
- Discussing cognitive and behavioral strategies to increase well-being and resiliency
- Learning about integrative care and alternative healing methods, such as naturopathy, acupuncture, massage and other complementary approaches and how they can improve your cancer journey
During the final, 10th session on May 11, we will celebrate the completion of the Series on Surviving Cancer with a light dinner (no class on March 30th due to Spring Break.)
Series facilitators and presenters
Susan Isaacs, LCSW, and Sarah Jane Petersen, LCSW, both of Cascade Health Solutions will facilitate each session. Presenters will be experts on the topics and will include Willamette Valley Cancer Institute physicians and staff, as well as other certified professionals from the community. Click here for a full list of topics and presenters.
Still in treatment?
Contact us today to learn about upcoming series.
A ten-week series for cancer survivors that explores issues arising after treatment ends
March 2 – May 11
Thursdays, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
No class the week of March 30th, due to Spring Break
To accommodate dinner, the first and last class will be 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Due to a conflict with another class, our Spring 2017 Survivorship Series will NOT be held at the Eugene YMCA. Instead it will be held in the Cascade Health Solutions building. See address below:
2650 Suzanne Way, Suite 130, Eugene
(Cascade Health Solutions/Jordan Plaza)
Contact Amy Johnston