Oregon Cancer Foundation’s colorful annual fundraiser is back for the 8th year! Decorate a bra for Bras for Cause in September to help the foundation raise money for patients undergoing cancer treatment in Lane County.
The bras, decorated by community members and local businesses, are displayed online at brasforcause.org, in-store at Dandelions Flowers & Gifts in Eugene and at Valley River Center, Center Court throughout the month of October. We invite community members to get involved by decorating a bra and by voting for their favorites.
With a goal of raising $120,000, Bras for Cause is a major contributor to OCF’s annual fundraising.
“Every dollar raised lets us continue to do the work that we do,” says Amy Johnston, OCF executive director. “This event is a critical component of the work that we do, which is to fulfill financial assistance requests for local patients and to help relieve some of the burden that comes with cancer treatment.”
Bras for Cause 2019 kicks off with Build-a-Bra events on Thursday, Sept. 12 and Tuesday, Sept. 17. We encourage anyone interested, crafty or not, to stop by and get involved in the fun. Come solo or bring your family, friends or co-workers. We have plenty of art supplies, but feel free to bring your own!
Build-a-Bra event No. 1 (Best for individuals)
- When: Thursday, Sept. 12, 4-7 p.m.
- Where: Center Court at Valley River Center, Eugene
- Entry Fee: $10 per bra
Build-a Bra event No. 2 (Best for businesses and groups)
- When: Tuesday, Sept. 17, 4-7 p.m.
- Where: Along Came Trudy, 1486 18th St., Springfield
- Entry Fee: $10 per bra
- Small menu available
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP or reserve a table
Deadline to submit bras
Turn in your bra creation to Oregon Cancer Foundation’s office by Friday, Sept. 20, at 5 p.m.
Cast your vote!
Come see all the creative bra entries on display at the annual Reveal Party at Dandelions Flowers & Gifts on Tuesday, Oct. 1. This event is free to attend and fun for the whole family.
- When: Tuesday, Oct. 1, 5-7 p.m.
- Where: Dandelions Flowers & Gifts, 1710 Chambers St., Eugene
- Voting happens Oct. 1–31, online at brasforcause.org. Vote for your favorites; $1 = 1 vote, and you can vote as many times as you’d like.
It’s a celebration!
Bras for Cause wraps up with its annual Girls Night Out. Grab your girlfriends and enjoy dinner, music, a silent auction, games and a fashion show, featuring and celebrating local cancer survivors.
- When: Friday, Nov. 8, 6:00 p.m.
- Where: Venue 252 at 252 Lawrence St., Eugene
- Tickets: $50, on sale Aug. 30
- Get tickets online here, or email email@example.com