- This event has passed.
My Breast Friends 5K (MBF5K)
June 13 @ 8:45 am - 11:30 am
My Breast Friends 5K
SUNDAY JUNE 13, 2021 @ ALTON BAKER PARK
Overview – from Kelly Barton, founder
I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer January 8, 2018. While walking with a friend, I was discussing how I should celebrate the end of chemo. I had been an avid runner for the last 8 years and participated in many local 5k’s and 10k’s. My friend reminded me that I had mentioned at one point, that it was secretly a dream of mine to plan a 5K event. The wheels started turning and we came up with the idea of “My Breast Friends 5K”.
I knew I wanted to benefit local cancer patients, so I reached out to Oregon Cancer Foundation. Planning the event was a great way to take my mind off of what I was going through. It gave me something exciting to look forward to at the end of my chemo treatments. Through connecting with Oregon Cancer Foundation, I found an amazing support system. The Support Groups, the Survivorship Series and friendships I made with other cancer survivors have been the biggest blessing.
- 8:45am AUCTION OPENS
- 10:00am RACE STARTS
- Register Here: http://www.eclecticedgeracing.com/my-breast-friends-5k.html
- Choose “5K Registration” or “Register a Group” (6+)
- Enter name or entire team together / select shirt sizes
- Follow, like, share, post pics, tag – Facebook & Instagram
- @MBF5K #MBF5K @OregonCancerFoundation #OregonCancerFoundation