- This event has passed.
Winter 2018 | Series on Surviving Cancer
January 9, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - March 13, 2018 @ 8:00 pm| Free
SERIES ON SURVIVING CANCER
I finished treatment. Now what?
When cancer treatment ends, a new chapter of life begins. Our ten-week survivorship series will provide the information and support you need to manage the challenges that arise after cancer treatment.
The series kicks off with light dinner and guest speaker.
The following 8 Thursday evening sessions will feature a variety of topics including:
- Understanding how relationships are impacted while on the cancer journey
- Learning how to eat and exercise to help stay healthy and reduce risk of recurrence
- Managing anxiety about cancer returning, sadness, depression and other emotions
- Exploring mindfulness, meditation, spirituality and other forms of self-care and healing
- Discussing cognitive and behavioral strategies to increase well-being and resiliency
- Learning about integrative care and alternative healing methods, such as naturopathy, acupuncture, massage and other complementary approaches and how they can improve your cancer journey
During the final, 10th session we will celebrate the completion of the Series on Surviving Cancer with a light dinner.
Series facilitators and presenters
Sarah Jane Petersen, LCSW, and Annie Greenberg will facilitate each session. Presenters will be experts on the topics and will include Willamette Valley Cancer Institute physicians and staff, as well as other professionals from the community. Click here for a sample list of topics and presenters.
Still in treatment?
Sign up for an upcoming series or contact us for more information.
Winter 2018 – January 9 – March 13
What: A ten-week series for cancer survivors that explores issues arising after treatment ends
Location: 2650 Suzanne Way, Ste. 130, Eugene, Oregon
Day/Time: Thursdays, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m
To accommodate dinner, the first and last class will be 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Contact Amy Johnston